Taylor Pennington 19′
Freshman year can either be a really challenging year or more of an easy chapter of your life. Either way, it’s a new experience filled with fun and entertainment, with memories to last a lifetime. With these simple steps, you’ll have a fantastic year in no time!
- Ask Questions: At certain points in class, you might feel overwhelmed. Just remember that at the end of the day you survived. Although in that current moment you might get anxiety and want to walk out the class, all you have to do is breathe and ask some questions about the topics you are unfamiliar with. After you ask a couple of questions, I promise you that you’ll be just that much closer to acing the test.
- Stay Open-Minded: This tip can go for anything. Stay open-minded about people you meet because they likely could be your future friends. Stay open-minded about different clubs and school activities because chances are if you go you’ll have a very fun time. If you stay open-minded and try new things then you’ll definitely make some exciting memories or dive into a new experience.
- Stay organized: Staying Organized is the key to having a successful school year. When you’re organized you’ll be much more prepared for assignments which in turn will make you ready for assessments. You won’t be able to get anything done successfully without being organized.
- Stay focused: Being focused will help you to achieve your goals and be in time for certain deadlines you may have. This tip also includes completing your homework the day it was assigned. When you do that you’ll feel so much more prepared and less stressed.
- Have fun: This is the most important tip. You should have fun in all aspects of the year. Spend time with your friends and participate in activities also show tons of school spirit.